No Starch Press Foundation Application FAQ
What am I required to submit with my application?
- Just the information requested on the online form. You will be contacted for additional supporting documents if needed.
How often can I apply?
- Once per project per grant cycle.
How many grants are awarded each year?
- NSPF aims to have two grant cycles per year with a goal of awarding up to $100,000 in each grant cycle. Actual amounts awarded are dependant on number of qualifying submissions.
How will I be notified of grant status?
- Applicants will be notified by email. In addition, winning applicants will be announced via our website, https://nostarchfoundation.org.
Is this an investment or a loan?
- No. NSPF provides grants with no strings attached and claim no ownership over the projects they support. We do not wish for the funds to be repaid.
Who is on your review committee and how are grant decisions made?
- All applications are reviewed by our application review team who then makes recommendations to be approved by the NSPF Board.
If accepted, will I get all the money I requested?
- Not necessarily. Based on assessment of your application and funds available, a recommendation is made by our application review committee and submitted to our board for approval.
If accepted, when/how will I receive the grant money?
- Monies will be awarded via check within 3 weeks of notification. Accepted applicants will be prompted to provide necessary information so payment can be sent.
What are the reporting requirements?
- We ask all grant recipients to provide, within two months of receipt of their grant, a description of how the funding they received contributed to their project. Once the subject project all grantees must provide a description of the completed project, pictures or video documentation of their project if possible, and a close-out budget indicating how funding was spent.
If you have additional questions please email us at [email protected].